Did you know....
- The first high school orchestra in the nation was established at Richmond High School in 1899.
- Joseph Edgar Maddy supervised music at RHS and established the first orchestra. He then went on to found the internationally acclaimed National Music Camp and Arts Academy at Interlochen, MI.
- Richmond is known as the cradle of recorded jazz because of the legendary jazz recordings made at the Gennett Recording Company by artists such as Louis Armstrong, Bix Beiderbecke, and Hoagy Carmichael.
- Civic Hall is a 924 seat performing arts theater owned and operated by Richmond Community Schools.
- Richmond is home to the Richmond Symphony Orchestra, a professional symphony that features area students each year during their "Young Artist" series.
- RHS is proud to call many professional musicians alumni, including:
- Harold Jones
- Al Cobine
- Joe Longstreth